[drupal-devel] Caching and Opera

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Thu Apr 14 13:23:30 UTC 2005

I just chatted with an Opera person who fixed my Opera via VNC. I asked
about caching woes. He pointed me that I could configure my Opera so it
always checks for fresh pages (it only checks whether there is something
new, so it's not THAT big a problem). I asked whether we could omit some
headers so that Opera won't cache the page (like node edit page):

"Once we didn't cache pages if the http headers told opera not to cache the
page, but as many webservers are configured to set those headers without
any good reason we had to remove that again. Many forums and dynamic pages
send that header which made opera reload the page everytime. and _many_
users complained, so we disabled this behaviour for unsecure sites.

So, in short, it's not possible, the users shall configure their Opera?

Yes, you'll have to configure your opera that way.

May I publish the last question and answer to it?

That's public information, so yes."

So here you are. This is the latest, official word.

Regards

NK