[drupal-devel] Improve Drupal themability

Stefan Nagtegaal Drupal-Devel at iStyledThis.nl
Thu Apr 14 13:43:49 UTC 2005

Op 14-apr-05 om 15:34 heeft Moshe Weitzman het volgende geschreven:

> We already have theme_item_list(). If you need more features from it,
> please submit a patch.
>
>> about theme_status_messages(), theme_node_list().
>
> theme_node_list() and theme_user_list() are useful wrapper functions
> for theme_item_list(). They are useful because the themer themer knows
> what type of data he is dealing with and can universally style
> accordingly. Consider prefixing all blog posts with a special icon, or
> prefixing every user with an online/offline indicator. That is easy to
> do today but would be hard if you you go to a your proposed scheme.
Why would that be hard? Every block has a unique id..

With the approach I took, it is just as easy to theme the things you
mentioned above. the only things is, that we do not add more markup as
strictly needed, but ofcourse your always free todo whatever you like
in your themes.

Stefan.