[drupal-devel] [feature] New hook, header to allow pre-header module functions

jhriggs drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Apr 15 14:02:39 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     feature requests

Can't this be done with drupal_set_header() [1]? If you need to do it
for every page, you could do it from inside hook_menu().  Otherwise,
just call it as needed.
[1] http://drupaldocs.org/api/head/function/drupal_set_header

jhriggs

Previous comments:

April 15, 2005 - 07:41 : RobinMonks at moznetwork.org

One function that is needed in Drupal (and that our modules currently
don't have), is access to write headers.  This patch aims to fix that,
by providing a hook to send headers before the main header for Drupal
is sent.
This will also help with modules such as securesite, by allowing HTTP
Auth to be called before we sent content type headers.

Robin Monks
MozNetwork.org