[drupal-devel] Permissions aren't transparent

Stefan Nagtegaal Drupal-Devel at iStyledThis.nl
Mon Apr 18 13:54:59 UTC 2005

Op 18-apr-05 om 15:51 heeft Jonathan Chaffer het volgende geschreven:

> On Apr 18, 2005, at 8:09 AM, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>
>>   return array('create foo' => t('Lets you create nodes of type
>> foo.'),
>>                'admin foo' => t('Lets you administer nodes of type
>> foo.')
>
> The idea is great, but I think we need to consider the wording a bit.
> "Lets you" won't make any sense to an end user, just to the admin; we
> don't want to list "create foo" and "admin foo" for the users, because
> those strings aren't even translated.
>
> A couple options:
> 	Second person: "You can create nodes of type foo."
> 	Third person: "The user can create nodes of type foo."
I personally like the 'third person' approach, but it should be far
more nice if all helptexts of drupal were written from the same
perspective..
Currently the way helptexts are written is a little of both worlds and
not in a very nice way.. It would be nice if we could get this
consistent.

Stefan.