[drupal-devel] Permissions aren't transparent

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Mon Apr 18 14:07:50 UTC 2005

There is some PHP BB system that has something like this. I think it is PHPBB. At the bottom of the page, they state something such as:

You *can* reply to topics in this forum
You *cannot* post attachments in the forum

Is this the direction that this is going to go in? While it is informative, from a usability perspective (in my opinion) that would be good, providing that you explain why you *cannot* perform an action. This raises the argument that the permission system (and where to display these permission for the end user) might become bulky and/or cluttered...

Regards,

Kobus