[drupal-devel] Drupal.org infrastructure

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Tue Apr 19 07:10:36 UTC 2005

As you might have seen, we occasionally get "too many connections"
problems on drupal.org.  During peak hours the load of the machine
occasionally spikes to 10+.  After such a burst, the load drops back
below 2-3.  Most of the day, the load is just below 1 though.

I haven't investigated the problem yet but I figured I would let you
know.  For a few days now, I tried to get hold of Kjartan who
administers the machine. It looks like he is traveling so I hope he
gets back to us shortly.

Know that we haven't properly configured the machine yet (it uses all
the default settings) so chances are we get a long way by properly
tuning the various configuration parameters.   In fact, I don't even
know whether we have PHP cache/optimizing installed.  Clearly, we will
have to look into that ASAP.