[drupal-devel] [bug] mysql error when installing drupal

com4 drupal-devel at drupal.org
Tue Apr 19 19:21:14 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.6.0
 Component:    database system
 Category:     bug reports

Yeah. I guess this is what I get for using alpha. ;)

I post though to also note that you need to change types in the sql
insert statements in the various modules to `types` with the backticks.
This is a gimmie, but maybe someone will benifit from the "tip".

com4

Previous comments:

April 19, 2005 - 03:44 : com4

when installing drupal, i get a wierd error.

com4 at antitech:~/drupal$ /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u jason -p jason <
database/database.mysql
Enter password:
ERROR 1064 at line 120: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'types text NOT NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM' at line 11

com4 at antitech:~/drupal$ /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql --version
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql  Ver 14.3 Distrib 4.1.1-alpha, for
intel-linux (i686)

i noticed that if i changed 'types' to 'type' it wouldn't freak out.
that'll obviously break drupal though, so i'm not quite sure what's
going on.

April 19, 2005 - 03:57 : com4

http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/MIRRORS/ftp.mysql.com/doc/en/Reserved_words.html

Note types is on the list.

If you continue reading Martin Francis replies "The way around this is
to place backticks (`name`) around the table name and relevant column
names"

So, I guess the fix would be to change the line from types text NOT
NULL to `types` text NOT NULL on line 130 of database.mysql.

April 19, 2005 - 05:02 : clydefrog

I have no trouble with mysql server version 4.0.24_Debian-2-log. This
seems to be an early warning before 4.1 becomes popular.