[drupal-devel] [feature] Order taxonomy_select_nodes

nedjo drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Apr 21 00:44:29 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    taxonomy.module
 Category:     feature requests

+1

I've long wished to get rid of the hard-coded sort order on nodes in
taxonomies.  This is similar to a patch I submitted nine months ago,
see http://drupal.org/node/10839 [1].  There I tried to provide an
interface for setting default sort orders.  While this proposal doesn't
do that, it opens the door--a bit plus.  This is the sort of simple
change that helps overcome lingering inflexibility of Drupal design,
and that merits quick application.
[1] http://drupal.org/node/10839

nedjo

Previous comments:

April 20, 2005 - 18:24 : tostinni

A very simple patch to provide an (too ?) easy way to configure how
order selected nodes in a taxonomy_select_nodes call.

I think we could provide such way for each module that make a call to
this functions.