[drupal-devel] [feature] Check All | None on Content List Page (admin/node)

Junyor drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Apr 22 13:05:58 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    node.module
 Category:     feature requests

Checking all checkboxes on a page is not a viable solution for most
cases (though it may work here).

Junyor

Previous comments:

April 16, 2005 - 18:53 : jjeff

>From the "what a great time-saver" department:

Here is a short patch to node.module that adds a "Check all | none"
javascript link to the bottom of the content listing table on
admin/node. By clicking "all" or "none" you can select or deselect all
of the check boxes in the table at once.

The javascript is very non-invasive, should work older (non-DOM)
browsers, and non-javascript browsers will simply lose this function.

The patch also adds the attribute [name = "node-admin"] to the [form]
tag. I don't know if there is a form naming convention, but this was
the best guess I could come up with by looking at the page source. And
incidentally, if Drupal is going to move toward javascript/ajax
functioning, all forms are going to need 'name' and 'id' tags. Most
don't have these now.

-Jeff

April 21, 2005 - 19:49 : Bèr Kessels

-1. Its up to the client to provide such interface tricks. Most clients
can do this with bookmarklets already.

April 22, 2005 - 13:02 : Junyor

How would you propose that a client implement this?  As of now, there's
no common attribute that the client could use to determine that the
checkboxes are related.  Theoretically, it could be done if the
checkboxes shared a common name.  But what would the UI look like?

My point is, no UA has implemented this and there's a working solution
used throughout the Web.  Let's use that solution.

April 22, 2005 - 14:00 : Bèr Kessels

http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html is the one you are
looking for. See "Toggle checkboxes".