[drupal-devel] Talk with Rasmus

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Sat Apr 23 10:53:52 UTC 2005

Hello,

Over the last couple of days I have had a couple of conversations with
Rasmus Lerdorf about php things and one thing that is done in drupal
which is broken on Yahoo php servers.

Basically with checkboxes so that we always get a value we set the
unchecked value as a hidden field, and then a check box of the same with
the checked value. so when the data is passed to the server it is passed
like so

a=false&a=true

We expect that from this we will receive a=true, but with the way that
we are yahoo servers are configured they will receive the following.

array(false, true)

I know that the approach that we are implementing is a bit of a hack to
get around problems with html. but is there a better method that could
be used.

I am not saying that we need to do something, but I think being able to
allow Yahoo to use drupal much easier, since they are using Drupal
internally, I think would be a good thing.

Gordon.