[drupal-devel] login once for multiple sites

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Sat Apr 23 22:55:24 UTC 2005

Hi:

I think it would be a good idea to provide administrators who use one
Drupal installation for multiple sites and share users and sessions across
those sites (via $db_prefix) with a new option that would let users who
log into one of the sites to be automatically logged into some or all of
the other companion sites.

I'm envisioning this working by adjusting user_login() function in
user.module.  Once a login is successful, have the function send out
PHPSESSID cookies for the desired sites, each containing the same session
id.

Your thoughts?

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/