[drupal-devel] DrupalForge?

Eric Scouten drupal.org at ericscouten.com
Sun Apr 24 16:25:07 UTC 2005

Jeff Robbins wrote:

> And just for reference, Mambo features an entire website dedicated to
> its modules, components, and themes:
> http://mamboforge.net

I've noticed that site as well. I haven't dug into that site too deeply,
but it creates the *impression* at least that (1) the Mambo community is
large (larger than Drupal's community) and (2) there's room for all
levels of module development and the status of each project is well
understood.

I find it fairly easy through SourceForge's interface (and by extension
MamboForge and others like it) to figure out what's useful and what's
crap (mostly by looking at a module's activity level and status). It's
much harder in Drupal, despite the relatively small number of modules
(as compared to SF projects!), to figure out what's useful.

DrupalForge anyone?

-Eric