[drupal-devel] Another CVS problem

Jim Riggs drupal-lists at jimandlissa.com
Tue Apr 26 12:45:19 UTC 2005

On 26 Apr, 2005, at 0:53, Sheldon Rampton wrote:

> I'm trying to upload a revision to the 4.6 version of my interwiki
> module. I was able to upload the revision to HEAD, but when I try
> to upload it to 4.6, I get an error message.
>
> This is the command I'm entering:
>
> cvs ci -m 'fixed help text' interwiki.module
>
> And this is the error message I'm getting:

When you created the DRUPAL-4-6 tag, you did not do it as a
branch.  :-(  `cvs tag -b DRUPAL-4-6`  (You missed the -b.)  I've
made this mistake myself a couple of times.  I think this will work:

* get a DRUPAL-4-6 checkout (you seem to already have this)

     cvs co -r DRUPAL-4-6 -d interwiki contributions/modules/interwiki

* change to module dir

     cd interwiki

* change the tag to a branch tag

     cvs tag -b -F DRUPAL-4-6

See if that works.  If not, we'll have to delete the tag and recreate
it.

- Jim