[drupal-devel] [bug] PROFILE_HIDDEN updates

moshe weitzman drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Apr 27 20:55:50 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    profile.module
 Category:     bug reports

This is useful functionality. I have deployed drupal into a few
corproations and they often have profile fields like 'title' and
'telephone number' and 'department'. thos fields should be editable
only by administrators. thats what this patch allows, if i'm not
mistaken.

moshe weitzman

Previous comments:

April 24, 2005 - 10:34 : pyromanfo

Here are some updates to the PROFILE_HIDDEN functionality.

Basically now if you have 'administer users' access, you can edit these
fields and they show up for you in the user's profile when editing.

If you don't then they don't show up for editing at all.  They still
should show up when simply viewing though.

April 25, 2005 - 13:00 : Dries

Not sure about this patch.  I'll give it some thought/testing.

April 27, 2005 - 08:00 : killes at www.drop.org

I am not sure the current implementation is too usefull. What about if I
want to add fields that users can neither see nor edit (like the roles)?

April 27, 2005 - 08:04 : judah

Having this feature would be helpful to me. But there are some
properties I would like to completely hide and some that would be
unnecessary to show the user.