[drupal-devel] [bug] Users with 'maintain books' or 'edit own book pages' permission cannot delete book pages

rivena drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Apr 29 14:21:28 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    book.module
 Category:     bug reports

If maintain books is a permission that overlaps other permissions, it
should say so.  For example, /maintain books (create, edit, and delete
all book pages)/.

While I agree that someone who has been given maintainer status should
be able to delete pages, I wonder if 'delete own pages' should be made
into a seperate permission.  I could see a situation where I would not
want someone to be able to delete their own pages.

Do these permissions affect things that are not book pages but have
been put into books?

Anisa.
It's /Golden Week/!

rivena

Previous comments:

April 29, 2005 - 13:32 : clydefrog

AFAICT, only 'administer nodes' permission allows deletion of book
pages.

This patch allows users with 'maintain books' or 'edit own book pages'
permission to delete book pages. The logic doesn't check if the node
has updates pending. Should it?

April 29, 2005 - 23:10 : clydefrog

It's a patch, duh.