[drupal-devel] [bug] Blank page upon adding user

baudolino drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sat Apr 30 06:25:47 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user system
 Category:     bug reports

This is a duplicate issue of http://drupal.org/node/21344. Follow the
link for another proposed fix.

baudolino

Previous comments:

April 30, 2005 - 01:59 : puregin

As the administrative user, I go to "admin/user/create", fill in the
form, and click on the 'Create Account" button.  Drupal gives me a
blank screen.  When I go back to "admin/user/" I see that the account
was successfully created.

I believe that this is due to the function user_admin_create()
returning 'void' on success.  Hence user_create() returns nothing, see
http://drupal.org/node/21441.

Filter.module, legacy.module, locale.module, node.module,
profile.module, system.module, upload.module, all contain instances of
"return;".  These may also be subject to this problem.

April 30, 2005 - 02:11 : puregin

Here's a quick patch - this returns a string "An account has been
created.".  It's a little redundant since the same information is
presented in the drupal_set_message() call.  Any suggestions for more
useful text, or another fix?

Djun