[drupal-devel] more core comitters

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Mon Aug 1 12:22:25 UTC 2005

>> When we call for more core committers, we're not saying we need more
>> people
>> who can press a button when everything is all ready.  We're saying,
>> rather -
>> or I am, anyway, as I have repeatedly over the past couple of years,
>> but to
>> no avail - that we need to bring more people into formal, recognized
>> decision-making roles.
>>
>> Where are all these highly skilled, dedicated reviewers supposed to come
>> from?  The motivation to commit time and energy doesn't come from
>> nowhere.
>> It certainly doesn't come from the experience of investing gobs of
>> time and
>> energy only to have it sit there forever in limbo.  That's what I hear
>> Gerhard saying--and he couldn't be more correct.
>>
>> This sort of dedication comes, rather, from a feeling of recognition,
>> membership, involvement, and a direct role in decision making.
>
> excellently stated.

First comes responsibilty then power IMHO. I have seen patches blindly
committed by Dries, because there were good and deep reviews attached to
the bug reports. As far as I see Drupal is open, having the possibilty
to modify any details in a bug report is one of the pieces allowing you
to drive the process to wherever you see fit.

Goba