[drupal-devel] [feature] Patch to add 'wide' to class of wide form items. (Solves theme problems with wide fields.)

Prometheus6 drupal-devel at drupal.org
Tue Aug 2 15:46:04 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/28044
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/28044

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     feature requests

Actually, I use this rule in my style.css:

form {
  width: 95%
}

Prometheus6

Previous comments:

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:13:29 +0000 : jjeff

We've all seen wide Drupal forms break a fixed width theme by "blowing
out" the right side of the theme. Here's a solution to the problem.

This patch adds a "wide" class tag to any textfield, password,
textarea, or autocomplete form item with a width (size) of more than 40
characters. By also adding a css rule in drupal.css that sets any "wide"
form-items to width:100%, we keep these form items under control. Of
course the assumption is that any form items with a width greater than
40 are intended to be full width. Opposing viewpoints are welcome.

Here's the css rule:

.form-item .wide {
  width: 100%;
}