[drupal-devel] [task] Remove theme_pager_detail()

Dries drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Aug 3 16:11:08 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/27980
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/27980

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     tasks

I'm with Neil here.  This function is not called anywhere, hence it is
dead code -- at least for core and contrib.  If you need this function,
you can still implement it elsewhere (eg. in your theme).

Dries

Previous comments:

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:18:04 +0000 : drumm

This themeable function is not used in core. It is used once in contrib.
The author of that module is okay with removing it.

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 22:25:10 +0000 : Jeremy at kerneltrap.org

The idea is to make it available for use in themes, modules, etc, to
design custom pagers.  Why exactly do you need to remove it?

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:07:38 +0000 : moshe weitzman

i agree with jeremy. can't we find more meaningful patches than ones
which strip themeability. I can't evaluate the patch because I don't
see a file. maybe thats a bug, or drumm just forgot.

not everyone uses our google ripoff pager. i have customized this in
the past for clients. you can't look at contributed themes and then
conclude that a theme function is not used.

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:24:01 +0000 : Bèr Kessels

another -1. This theme function was added to allow better themeing of
teh pager. Before this function we could only go for the standard
pager, now we can theme it much nicer.

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:44:27 +0000 : drumm

Not sure what happened with the patch file.

This is code that isn't used anywhere but is loaded for every page view
anyway. It could live in contrib or in some documentation instead.