[drupal-devel] [feature] Trigger debug mode on-the-fly

killes drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Aug 3 20:50:39 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/21379
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/21379

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    other
 Category:     feature requests

I am not convinced this is neccessary.

the devel output from devel.module is sometimes a bit annoying, I admit
that, but it is just one mysql statement to switch it off. :)

For me this is easier than to type a get parameter into the location
bar.

If at all a devel version of variable_get would be nice.

The review brought to you by Patch Bingo!

killes at www.drop.org

Previous comments:

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:05:57 +0000 : mathias

This patch allows admins who are using devel.module to optionally toggle
the page timer, query logger and page redirection for each request using
GET parameters rather than navigating to admin/settings/devel and
flipping the global settings back and forth.  I added this since I
usually don't need to print out this information for every page. Now I
just use:

http://example.com/index.php?q=node&dev_query=1

for the request I'm interested in. Two other params can also be
toggled: dev_timer and dev_redirect.

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:15:22 +0000 : mathias

And the patch for devel.module

Sat, 07 May 2005 04:09:57 +0000 : Steven

Perhaps we should move the trinary operator and variable_get into a
small function: it would be cleaner in the code.

Sat, 07 May 2005 04:10:54 +0000 : Steven

In fact, why not create a copy of variable_get which gets its value from
the database, but overrides it with a get parameter if it exists? That
would be the cleanest, it can be used in devel.module as well as
elsewhere...

Sat, 07 May 2005 13:41:38 +0000 : moshe weitzman

thats a good idea, although some implementations might want only certain
users (i.e. permission check) to be able to override via _GET param. I
suppose that could be handled in the calling code.