[drupal-devel] [feature] Themeable profile list patch for profile.module

ejort drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Aug 4 03:58:14 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/20479
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/20479

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    profile.module
 Category:     feature requests

Hi,

This is a patch providing the same thing, but without taking the
database code into the theme_profile_list function.  I've had this
running on one of my sites [1] for a while and found it necessary to
output a table listing member contact details (note: there aren't many
profile fields accessible by anonymous users in that example, but you
get the idea).  Unfortunately I never got around to separating it from
my other profile.module modifications until now.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Eric
[1] http://www.renegades.com.au/?q=members/contact-lists/all-men

ejort

Previous comments:

Thu, 14 Apr 2005 03:16:04 +0000 : vfilby

Here is a patch for the profile module that provides a way to theme user
lists.  I simply took the last part of the giant if in profile_browse,
moved it to a new function called theme_profile_list and mde
profile_browse call the new function.

Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:52:17 +0000 : moshe weitzman

looka useful ... please provide unified diff format. as per
http://drupal.org/handbook

Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:39:32 +0000 : robertDouglass

It doesn't really look suitable for theming, though, due to all the
database logic. To make this really a theme function, you'd have to
prepare the data into some variables that you can get by calling
function A, and make a theme function B that outputs the variables.

Things that can't be in theme functions include SQL and user access
logic.