[drupal-devel] [feature] admin/access hover help - little patch, big help

jjeff drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Aug 7 17:41:23 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/28301
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/28301

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user.module
 Category:     feature requests

This should be better.

By 'incorrect use of spaces', do you mean spacing around the array keys
and values? I've fixed that and the $perm (permission) value now gets
translated. Role names aren't translated elsewhere on the admin/access
page, so I've left $name (role name) untranslated.

-Jeff

jjeff

Previous comments:

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:59:52 +0000 : jjeff

Here's a patch that adds a 'title' tag to all of the checkboxes in the
admin/access grid. When you roll over the checkboxes in most browsers a
tool-tip box will pop up with information about what each checkbox is.

Examples:
"anonymous user : edit own blog"
"authenticated user : post comments"
"admin : administer filters"

On a site with many roles and many modules, it becomes very easy to
scroll away from the table headers, so this is essential for figuring
out what you're clicking. It doesn't solve all of the admin/access page
usability problems, but it does make the page a lot more usable.

Little patch. Big help.

-Jeff

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 15:34:35 +0000 : Dries

Coding style needs work (incorrect use of spaces).  Shouldn't these
strings be translatable?