[drupal-devel] [feature] Prefix UPDATE & DROP TABLE IF EXISTS statements in prefix.sh

Cvbge drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Aug 8 11:27:42 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/24749
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/24749

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    other
 Category:     feature requests

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS does not work with postgresql (it does not support
IF EXISTS statement)

Cvbge

Previous comments:

Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:54:34 +0000 : Axel

The patch adds prefixing for UPDATE SQL statements in prefix.sh.

Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:13:28 +0000 : Axel

Sorry, previous patch broken (space was skiped). Next patch works ok.
Also prefixing for DROP TABLE IF EXISTS statement added.

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 00:27:18 +0000 : killes at www.drop.org

I've tested the patch  and can say it works. Don't know if we need this
feature, as neither statement is used by Drupal core.

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 10:40:00 +0000 : Bèr Kessels

I would say: go for it. It works, and I already once had to hand-edit
all my custom modules because this thing was not in the prefix.sh
This works as expected, and makes prefixing contributed sql files
easier.