[drupal-devel] [task] Add CVS Id tags to all source files

Uwe Hermann drupal-devel at drupal.org
Tue Aug 9 01:36:03 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/28482
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/28482

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     tasks

Please add CVS $Id$ tags to all source files in Drupal core. This allows
admins to know exactly which version of which files they use. In
addition I want to use CVS $Id$ tags in my upcoming security.module to
check for possible vulnerabilities. That's not possible if some files
simply don't have $Id$s.

Note: I also (mostly) unified the tags to use the "// ID" form instead
of "/* ID */", but that's more of a cosmetic issue. I'm not sure
whether *.txt files and the stuff in themes/ need tags(?)

Uwe Hermann