[drupal-devel] [bug] make standard roles translatable

Cvbge drupal-devel at drupal.org
Tue Aug 9 19:40:47 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/5570
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/5570

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user system
 Category:     bug reports

Patch not tested, but it's quite simple. I'd like to hear some thoughts
about t()ing default roles (anonymous and authenticated user).

Cvbge

Previous comments:

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 18:03:37 +0000 : stefan nagtegaal

There are several things that would need to be fixed before we are going
to release drupal 4.4. One of that is proper translation..

- The basic roles 'Anonymous user'/'Anonymous' & 'Authenticated user'
aren't translatable on the following places (admin >> users / admin >>
users >> roles / admin >> users >> permission / )

Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:19:35 +0000 : killes at www.drop.org

Changing title.

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 09:53:48 +0000 : stefan nagtegaal

This is still a problem.. The default roles 'Anonymous user' and
'Authenticated user' can not be translated.

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 12:55:38 +0000 : Axel

But why this bug is critical? Drupal works on such manner long time.
This bug don't prevent Drupal to work. I think priority of this bug
must be set as 'normal', but not 'critical'.

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 18:53:46 +0000 : com2

I would say either committed to multilingual / localization or not.
Calling it a feature seems to say "translation has a low priority".
When that is the case, why all the trouble to localize? Jus drop
localization and make life easier!

All depends on the chosen concept of Drupal. If you choose Drupal to be
multilingual / localized, then this is definitely is a bug. You cannot
expect a non-english speaker to understand these special users.

What happens when I just translate them in table /role/? Would it break
Drupal?

Wed, 04 May 2005 13:48:34 +0000 : schalker

As I can tell, standard roles still can not be translated. Is this
correct? Is there a work-around or some plan to implement this?

I'd agree with the former poster com2 that this is more a bug than a
feature request: I love the locale module, but I cannot see a reason
why almost everything is translateable, but not the standard roles. If
there is no reason for this behaviour /from a  user-point-of-view/,
then this is a bug, I'd say.

Wed, 04 May 2005 14:05:33 +0000 : schalker

Sorry, it's me again. I searched on and on to find a similar bug report,
but I haven't found one. So as two people think this is a bug, I change
the category of this issue back to "bug report".