[drupal-devel] [task] Add CVS Id tags to all source files

Uwe Hermann drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Aug 12 00:21:50 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/28482
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/28482

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.6.2
 Component:    base system
 Category:     tasks

Updated patch for 4.6.

Uwe Hermann

Previous comments:

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 01:28:01 +0000 : Uwe Hermann

Please add CVS $Id$ tags to all source files in Drupal core. This allows
admins to know exactly which version of which files they use. In
addition I want to use CVS $Id$ tags in my upcoming security.module to
check for possible vulnerabilities. That's not possible if some files
simply don't have $Id$s.

Note: I also (mostly) unified the tags to use the "// ID" form instead
of "/* ID */", but that's more of a cosmetic issue. I'm not sure
whether *.txt files and the stuff in themes/ need tags(?)

Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:57:54 +0000 : Dries

Committed to HEAD.  Thanks.

Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:20:00 +0000 : Uwe Hermann

Can you please apply the patch to 4.6, too? A potential 4.6.3 release
should have the Id-tags, too. Uwe.

Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:26:57 +0000 : Dries

The patch doesn't apply against 4.6.