[drupal-devel] Re: [drupal-infrastructure] Project module at drupal.org

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Mon Aug 15 10:40:23 UTC 2005

On 15 Aug 2005, at 11:47, Dries Buytaert wrote:
> Any idea why the project module at drupal.org is fubar?  I upgraded
> the project module to HEAD but apparently that was a bad idea.

 From the looks, this is a nodeapi problem.  It relates to the
node_get_module_name() changes.  As a result, node_invoke() invokes
project_load() rather than project_project_load() or
project_issue_load() because node_get_module_name() returns 'project'
rather than the node types 'project_project' and 'project_issue'.

As a quick workaround I made the following change to node.module at
drupal.org:

225,226c226,232
<
<   return $modules[$type];
---

 >   if ($modules[$type] == 'project') {
 >     return $type;
 >   }
 >   else {
 >     return $modules[$type];
 >   }

What is the suggested solution?  Do we need to create dispatch
functions project_load(), project_insert(), project_update() or is
this a bug in the node system?