[drupal-devel] [bug] statistics.module - Menu issue

Jeremy drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Aug 15 15:54:19 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/28446
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/28446

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.6.0
 Component:    statistics.module
 Category:     bug reports

Here is the patch for cvs.

Jeremy at kerneltrap.org

Previous comments:

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 13:25:15 +0000 : jacauc

I am busy upgrading to the latest version of drupal, and i noticed the
the following 4 menu items show up directly under the Site Navigation
Menu for normal authenticated users (it should only be available for
Admin users, and it should show under Administer>logs menu

top pages
top visitors
recent hits
referrers

Thanks for the help!
Cheers
jacauc

http://www.dieinter.net (current production site)
http://www.dieinter.net/backup/sandpit/beta3 (new site - giving me
problems)

Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:45:55 +0000 : jacauc

Has anyone seen this issue before?

FYI, i have moved the test site into production, so it is now running
on http://www.dieinter.net

Please help!

Thanks
jacauc

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 21:26:28 +0000 : killes at www.drop.org

I think it could have happended that the user in question did not have
the "access administarion pages" permission but the "access statistics"
permission.

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:48:51 +0000 : Jeremy at kerneltrap.org

Indeed, easily duplicated.

Part of the confision is that pre-4.6 there were two options, "access
statistics" and "administer statistics".  The former made content view
counters visible, the latter made the accesslog visible.  The problem
was that "access statistics" was redundant with another "make content
view counters visible" option on the statistics module configuration
page.

Unfortunately, I believe the wrong permission was removed.  On my site,
I want to be able to let registered users view the view counters
(primarily as they are interested in their personal blogs), but not
anonymous users.

The attached patch removes the option on the statistics module
configuration page, and renames the "access statistics" permission to
"access accesslog".  Additionally, it adds a new "access content view
counters" permission.  By default, if content view counters are enabled
only the administrator will be able to see them until the permission is
assigend to other roles.

I've attached a patch for 4.6.3, as that's what the bug is against.
But I'll post another patch for cvs.