[drupal-devel] [bug] speed up "Top pages in past n days" page

Jeremy drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Aug 15 17:26:22 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/28924
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/28924

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    statistics.module
 Category:     bug reports

Displaying statistics pages can be slow.  The attached patch removes one
of the "GROUP BY" columns to increase the speed of generating the "Top
pages in the past n days" page.

(Grouping by 'title' does not work, as there are many different paths
that can have the same title.  Instead, 'path' is unique for each page,
so it is a more logical column to group by.  I tested this on my active
webpage to verify that the resulting page was what I expected.)

Jeremy at kerneltrap.org