[drupal-devel] [wanted] file system improvements

James Walker walkah at walkah.net
Wed Aug 17 13:37:28 UTC 2005

On 17-Aug-05, at 4:50 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> Anyone willing to improve file.inc, and the way we deal with
> private and public downloads (and node-level permissions)?

/me sheepishly raises his hand. I have a lot of ideas for file.inc,
probably not all of which I can get implemented in the next 2 weeks,
but yeah public/private should be replaced by some more granular file
permissions stuff... i'd also like to see an abstracted backend (for
alternate / remote storage), and the infamous "file hook"... for
starters.

I might even look at file versioning (/me winks at killes)

--
James Walker :: http://walkah.net/