[drupal-devel] [wanted] forum module improvements

Knapen Dries Dries.Knapen at ua.ac.be
Wed Aug 17 14:08:06 UTC 2005

> Anyone willing to work on the forum module?  I'm particularly
> interested in having (i) forum moderators and (ii) forum view
> improvements.

A feature that I really miss in standard Drupal forums is a 'quote' button/link. It's tedious to copy the text you want to quote and paste it in blockquote tags each time (and people that are not familiar with html will never figure this out).

I also think that BBCode support (with the option to disable it, obviously) should be considered for core, especially for the [img] tag. Setting up, for example, a photography forum with Drupal is not as simple as it should/could be.