[drupal-devel] [wanted] aggregator improvements

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 16:04:11 UTC 2005

On 17-Aug-05, at 7:39 AM, James Walker wrote:

> On 17-Aug-05, at 9:58 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:
>
>> What, patches that aren't in the patch queue?
>>

> i believe they're in the queue... I'll double check with Richard
> (as he's the one who filed 'em).

They're in the queue. Also, I'm less interested in the current
aggregator (which uses non-standard categories and lots of other
stuff) than I am in aggregator2 (feeds AND. I've just pinged the
author again, and hopefully we'll get a commit, otherwise I'll just
commit the version I have as a zip.

> - enhance aggregator.module so that it lets each user manage his own
> feeds, and read his own articles. the aggregator should keep track of
> what has been read and not read for each user.

Karoly, I'm definitely interested in "user feeds", and I think that
would make sense to make part of the current aggregator. The way I
see it, the current aggregator becomes optimized for reading and
multi-user, and aggregator2 is basically for content syndication
directly between sites -- I actually pinged Jon VanDyke about this,
since it seems to tie into publish/subscribe.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com