[drupal-devel] [bug] Session system - fix for NULL uid

chx drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Aug 19 14:07:22 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/29143
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/29143

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.5.5
 Component:    other
 Category:     bug reports

You can change schema IMO. It has happened already, we extended locale
field size in a minor release. Just nothing major. If you need a rule
of thumb: column attribute changes are OK but nothing else.

chx

Previous comments:

Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:39:17 +0000 : Cvbge

On fresh install session table is empty and session.inc tries to insert
a row. But it ommits uid field which is NOT NULL and inserting fails.
Attached patch makes it to have the same behaviour as 4.6

Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:13:34 +0000 : Dries

Patch doesn't apply because it ends with '.inc'.  Maybe better to use
uid int(11) NOT NULL default '0' in the table definition?

Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:25:37 +0000 : Cvbge

I can't change schema definition because that'd mean that db update is
needed when upgrading from 4.5.5 to 4.5.6.
As I said (although not directly) 4.6 and later does not have this bug.

Heh, at first I didn't understand what's with the .inc extension...