[drupal-devel] [bug] Bad CSS tag for aggregator module

Uwe Hermann drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sat Aug 20 02:32:23 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/28702
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/28702

 Project:      Drupal
-Version:      4.6.0
+Version:      cvs
 Component:    aggregator.module
 Category:     bug reports

Here's a patch for HEAD (untested).

Uwe Hermann

Previous comments:

Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:05:01 +0000 : Sheldon Rampton

The "misc" folder contains a file, "drupal.css," which includes a number
of CSS tags that affect the display of content generated by the
aggregator module. The following tag creates a line break problem:

#aggregator .news-item .title {
  float: left;
}

In order to make sure that the next field ("description") breaks to a
new line, another tag has been included, as follows:

#aggregator .news-item .description {
   clear: both;
}

The problem is that if there is no description field, the field which
follows immediately after the title is "source," and since source
doesn't have a "clear: both" attribute, the "source" line runs together
with the title. To fix this, add the following tag to drupal. css:

#aggregator .news-item .source {
   clear: both;
}

By the way, it's rather frustrating that all of these
aggregator-related style tags are buried in the misc folder. The first
place where most people are likely to look for style tags will be in
their theme directory. The second place they might look would be in the
directory for the affected module. CSS tags buried in the misc directory
are hard to find and easy to overlook. We spent several hours poring
over the style tags in our theme directory before we finally figured
out where this bug was located.