[drupal-devel] [bug] Can't delete users

Uwe Hermann drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Aug 21 12:32:17 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/27651
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/27651

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user.module
 Category:     bug reports

I can confirm this bug. It's critical IMHO. The patch seems broken, so
here's a rerolled one for HEAD which works for me. Please test.

Uwe Hermann

Previous comments:

Thu, 28 Jul 2005 01:58:08 +0000 : wiz

During testing of current CVS code I noted that trying to delete a user
has no effect. Whether it is a good idea to delete users is another
question (see http://drupal.org/node/19055)...

in modules/user.module:user_edit(), when the admin clicks on the
"Delete" button at the end of a user's page, this happens:

  drupal_goto("user/$account->uid/delete");

Unfortunately, at least in my situation, the GET variable "destination"
was set to "admin/user", so what drupal_goto() does is use this address
rather than the parameter it receives.  The net effect is that when you
click Delete you end up on the user admin page again.

The obvious fix seems to unset() the destination, see enclosed patch.

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 22:25:42 +0000 : Tobias Maier

saw the same problem
please fix it
Thanks