[drupal-devel] no ?> needed at the end of modules

Khalid B kbahey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 12:55:04 UTC 2005

I can see from the arguments FOR removing the ending ?> that it has
some practical uses.

However, I am inclined to vote against this proposal.

Are we relying on a documented feature of the language, or just
behavior that happened to be there? If it is documented, then we can
safely go for it. If not, then am a bit apprehensive of going with it.

We can ask the PHP team if they are willing to formalise this behavior
by a) committing to it in the future and b) documenting it.

How about that?