[drupal-devel] [feature] show online/offline status in theme('username')

Maat drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Aug 21 14:30:25 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/29281
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/29281

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    theme system
 Category:     feature requests

I patched a clean cvs install, but there are no classes in the  tags of
names of the owners of the nodes. I didn't can fix it and I have to go
away.
I drew the icons for the default theme:
http://maat.myip.hu/~maat/maat_drupal/drupal/misc/online.png &
http://maat.myip.hu/~maat/maat_drupal/drupal/misc/offline.png

Maat at drupal.hu

Previous comments:

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 01:01:04 +0000 : moshe weitzman

add css class such that a theme can put nice online/offline indicators
when showing a username link.

i made sure the relevant queries in node, user, and tracker modules
were passing the $user->access parameter which triggers the addition of
this css class.

no added quries or JOINS needed.much of this patch is just moving the
'inactivity timer' pref from the Who's Online block config page to the
main admin/settings/user page.

would be nice if someone contributed small graphics for online offline
and added these to drupal.css. this would enhance our default
presentation. i'd like for this patch not to wait on that, if possible.

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:10:41 +0000 : Bèr Kessels

I really like thi. +1. I managed to grey out my avatars of offline users
(looks very good!) with this patch.

One thing is the whos online block. IMO that should follow these same
rules.

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:01:35 +0000 : moshe weitzman

this feature already works for the who's new and who's online blocks.

here is a slightly improved version which adds offline indicator even
for admin created users who have not yet logged in.