[drupal-devel] [feature] Add vim modeline to have better support for vim editor and code style.

Morbus Iff drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Aug 21 15:15:52 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/29310
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/29310

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     feature requests

I'd -1 this. I don't use vi to code Drupal, and I'm sure a lot of other
people are using something entirely different as well. Allowing this
patch would allow the horde to say "oooh, oOh, add this line for MY
favorite text editor too!" - when would it stop? Best not to move
Drupal into this political territory.

Morbus Iff

Previous comments:

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:10:54 +0000 : Cvbge

Vim can be instructed to set special settings. The line added by this
patch tells vim that the file type is php, tab and 'shiftwidth' size is
2 characters and to expand tabs with spaces.

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:13:47 +0000 : Cvbge

(as to not forget) This line can be easili added with sed -i -e
's!^?>$!// vim: ft=php ts=2 sw=2 et\n?>!'<files>