[drupal-devel] [bug] fuzzy cache flushes cache too frequently

chx drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Aug 21 23:06:48 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/29274
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/29274

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     bug reports

Jeremy, I love this patch. Can't wait for Dries to install and test on
drupal.org -- alas I can't test as I do not have a site with enough
visitors...

chx

Previous comments:

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 00:20:39 +0000 : Jeremy at kerneltrap.org

The "fuzzy cache" mechanism is supposed to enforce a minimum time before
the cache table is flushed.  Logical errors in the fuzzy cache
implementation are leading to the cache table being flushed more
frequently.

With this patch and the fuzzy cache enabled, when an event leads to
cache_clear_all() being called:
 - the cache is invalidated for the current user (simulating the cache
being cleared for that user)
 - a 5 minutes timer is started

Once five minutes passes, the cache is finally cleared for all users.
Thus, with this patch the cache should never be cleared more than once
every five minutes.  Testing needs to be done to determine if 5 minutes
is a long enough delay.  Optionally, this delay time could be made
configurable.

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 00:21:01 +0000 : Jeremy at kerneltrap.org

Patch needs review.