[drupal-devel] [bug] user/register returns user deny when a user is already logged in

gufo1 drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Aug 22 10:19:37 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/17664
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/17664

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    user system
 Category:     bug reports

Anybody else, feeling this way?
You may have a point.
But, if the user is already registered and clicks this link, he can
still have the message and the user page below. This way you let him
know that he is in a 404 and save him a click of having to go back to
the user pages.

gufo1

Previous comments:

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:46:56 +0000 : gufo1

Any user, even the administrator gets this user access error when he is
already logged in.
This causes confusion for users who are already logged in, instead it
should redirect the user to the user page.

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:55:33 +0000 : alexis

Agree, I have the same problem with 4.6.2.

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:28:48 +0000 : Tobias Maier

here comes a patch for this

i needed relatively long to find out why this happens.

the behavour was theoretically implemented but hook_menu() denied it...

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:05:06 +0000 : breyten

I'd rather opt for Drupal to display a message along the lines of 'You
can't register an account because you're already logged in.', instead
of an equally confusing redirect. Secondly, I'd like to see
consistency: If you're logged in now, and try to request a new
password, Drupal will give you a 403 as well.