[drupal-devel] [task] Move pagers out of tables

Dries drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Aug 24 07:27:16 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/28786
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/28786

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    other
 Category:     tasks

If no one objects, I'll commit this patch in the next day or two.  When
so, this information must be added to a UI guidelines document.

Dries

Previous comments:

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 01:20:13 +0000 : drumm

A couple themers have told me that the pagers do not belong in the last
row of tables. Here is a big patch to move them all.

Wed, 24 Aug 2005 03:58:16 +0000 : factoryjoe

This is a good idea because tables should only contain related data.
Pagers are not part of the data set and therefore belong *outside* the
table.

Additionally, if marked up correctly with thead and tfoot, printing the
page will result in headers and footers being repeated on each page.
With the footer, this feature would be very confusing.

There may be accessibility issues as well related to the non-semantic
placement of the pager, but I'm not an expert on such issues.