[drupal-devel] [feature] Browse by entire month, not just day

adrian drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Aug 26 11:24:01 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/9414
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/9414

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    archive.module
 Category:     feature requests

The module in contrib needs very little love actually ..

The biggest thing is that there is no css in most themes for it,
meaning it can be hard to browse.
If we do use this module, it means we can remove most of the calendar
css out of drupal.css , and perhaps move it to modules/event/event.css
(provided event still uses it).

The module is also a lot simpler =)

adrian

Previous comments:

Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:00:51 +0000 : ahoeben

I made a couple of changes to archive.module to facilitate browsing the
archives by date.

* Opening an archive URL without specifying a day will display the full
month, eg www.example.com/archive/2004/07
* Selecting the 0th day of the month in the archive page drop down
selects the full month
* Using the previous/next raquo's in the calender block now uses full
month browsing

The attached patch is against 4.4.2 and is untested against CVS.

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:15:46 +0000 : Anonymous

Patch don't work with archive.module (drupal 4.4.2).

Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 26.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 49.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 64.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 85.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 131.
Hunk #7 FAILED at 218.
Hunk #8 FAILED at 236.
Hunk #9 FAILED at 245.
9 out of 9 hunks FAILED

Sat, 07 May 2005 23:02:45 +0000 : ahoeben

Blast from the past... Not sure what I did wrong to have my original
patch fail, but here is a new patch applying the same changes to Drupal
4.6

Sat, 07 May 2005 23:16:48 +0000 : Cvbge

Hello,

thanks for your patch, that's a feature I wanted :)

But please change day "0" to "ANY" or similar.

Sun, 08 May 2005 10:19:21 +0000 : ahoeben

New patch. Changed '0' in day dropdown to 'All days'. You should be able
to change that string using a locale (but I have no experience with
locales in Drupal).

Also fixed a tiny bug that would cause the year dropdown to stop being
useful on jan 1st 2006.

Tue, 10 May 2005 13:50:13 +0000 : ahoeben

Patch applies to cvs version as well...

Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:04:39 +0000 : Morbus Iff

Attached updated patch for HEAD. I'll be fiddling with it some more too.

Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:19:06 +0000 : adrian

I vote we completely ditch the legacy archive module and go with
codemonkeyx' module (it's in contrib as archive)
(example : http://codemonkeyx.net/archive)