[drupal-devel] [bug] Multiple node types are broken

chx drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sat Aug 27 08:35:41 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/29785
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/29785

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    node system
 Category:     bug reports

People come and tell me that I have broken node_get_module_name. I tell
them I fixed it. This leads nowhere. Yesterday Kjartan, jakeg and me
had finally a conversation during which we have arrived to the
conclusion that there is no need for two hooks and hook_node_name could
return either a string or an array in the form of:

<?php
array('type-a' => array('node type a', 'base')), 'type-b' => 'node type b', 'node type c');
?>

Which would define a 'type-a' , with a human readable name 'node type
a' and base_load would be called for hook_load and so forth. for
'type-b' , the difference is that modulename_load would be called. For
'node type c', the node type would be modulename.

chx