[drupal-devel] [feature] Enabling access control on selfmade blocks for menu.module

damnsure drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed Aug 31 11:40:21 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/30054
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/30054

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.6.3
 Component:    menu system
 Category:     feature requests

"In the blocks admin you can add PHP. So you can set this there too.

"
But I have to do it for each and every block, this isn't quite useable.
I'm working on a project with 10 differnt userroles, and each role must
to be able to have it's on blocks. It's more flexible to add it once
instead of adding it for every block, right?

"I dislike the idea of making an exeptional rule for navigation block.

"
This is done before in the menu.module, I didn't understood it too.

Sorry, /diff/ screwd up the indentation.

damnsure

Previous comments:

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:17:19 +0000 : damnsure

As I'm somehow new to drupal and not 100% sure if I'm doing the right
thing please be indulgent. I wrote a patch to enable access control on
selfmade blocks for menu.module.

Till now it was possible to set blocks to certain pages but not
depending on user roles. With this patch you will have an entry for
each selfmade block under "access control -> menu modul", each starting
with "show".

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 07:32:50 +0000 : Bèr Kessels

In the blocks admin you can add PHP. So you can set this there too. I
dislike the idea of making an exeptional rule for navigation block.
Also, your spaces in the code ar esomewhat strange. PLease use two
spaces for identation