[development] views module

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Fri Dec 2 16:45:38 UTC 2005

vlado wrote:
>>I should also mention that vlado has been talking of doing another
>>listings api (for relations)
>
> mmm, it's kind of done actually. It is part of the relations effort I'm putting in,
> I just needed something to test the messed up stuff I got into :)
>
> It is probably computationally more heavy-weight than the views module,
> but it goes far further, although after having a brief look on the code,
> we came up with some similar ideas. Which is good.
>
> Vlado

I'm very interested in whether or not the relations module and the views module
can work together to accomplish what you want. Because the views module has an
API that lets other modules expose tables, this is important.

Also, Robert Douglass contacted me recently about a relations module he is
writing as well. I think he's writing his for largely the same reason I'm
writing views: There is a need and impatience rules out. =)