[development] Lineage module --- nested trees

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Wed Dec 7 16:13:39 UTC 2005

> Interestingly, I initially submitted this as a patch to core and was
> immediately told it didn't belong there.

Well, killes commented in the issue that you will have problems with
multiple inheritance. I just pointed out that with hook_taxonomy you could
move this to a module. I was not thinking on other trees, but Dries is
quite right that there are many single inheritance trees in Drupal (we
talked a lot about them) AND many taxonomies are not multi inheritance --
they could benefit from this, too.

I hope this clarifies what's happened so far.

Regards

NK