[development] drupal install/dependencies

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu Dec 8 11:52:33 UTC 2005

On 08 Dec 2005, at 11:32 AM, vlado wrote:

> I added a small include file as an example phase/stage runner for the
> drupal install effort. It uses the dependency.inc from drpkg what I
> presented in Amsterdam.

I should mention that we now have some of the install api in core,
most notably the update process.
All modules can now use the update process of drupal core, by
shipping .install files.

The big issue is, we aren't allowing modules to be installed via the
install api yet , and it is a very
simple function...

There are some issues with implementing the install() function
without dependencies and phases though,
especially when install profiles are involved.

Bryght and civicspace have written and tested a large amount of
install files for modules
with the current install api though, and if we are going to allow
updates of modules, we should
at the very least allow installations too.

Here are our .install files  so far. Keep in mind.. these are just
for modules that have db schemas. :

aggregator2/aggregator2.install
audio/audio.install
banner/banner.install
buddylist/buddylist.install
ecommerce/address/address.install
ecommerce/cart/cart.install
ecommerce/contrib/auction/auction.install
ecommerce/contrib/authorize_net/authorize_net.install
ecommerce/contrib/exact/exact.install
ecommerce/file/file.install
ecommerce/parcel/parcel.install
ecommerce/payment/payment.install
ecommerce/product/product.install
ecommerce/shipping/shipping.install
ecommerce/tangible/tangible.install
ecommerce/tax/tax.install
event/event.install
event/location.install
filestore2/filestore2.install
flexinode/flexinode.install
forms/forms.install
fscache/fscache.install
helpedit/helpedit.install
htmlarea/htmlarea.install
img_assist/img_assist.install
jabber/jabber.install
listhandler/listhandler.install
location/location.install
mailhandler/mailhandler.install
notify/notify.install
og/og.install
privatemsg/privatemsg.install
project/project.install
quotes/quotes.install
rsvp/rsvp.install
subscriptions/subscriptions.install
survey/survey.install
tinymce/tinymce.install
trackback/trackback.install
weblink/weblink.install  (ported from 4.5)

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy