[development] image node type (was: inline files....)

Syscrusher scott at 4th.com
Fri Dec 9 00:53:01 UTC 2005

On Thursday 08 December 2005 11:19, Adrian Rossouw wrote:
> > (photographers and the like) who (I think) will always want an
> > image node as well

+1 on this. Notwithstanding the awesome power of taxonomy (and I mean that
in all seriousness, not sarcastically), it is a Very Good Thing to be able
to have a node type that is an image, and only that -- not something with
one or more images attached to it. There is a need to be able to make
galleries that are just galleries, without a lot of associated text beyond
(optional) image captions.

Taxonomy is one axis of metadata; node type is another axis. Give me as much
freedom of movement as possible in as many axes as possible.

Scott
One of those "photographers and the like" :-)

P.S. I reserve the right to change my mind on this when I see what CCK can do.