[development] image node type (was: inline files....)

Ber Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Fri Dec 9 07:44:15 UTC 2005

Op vrijdag 9 december 2005 02:00, schreef Rowan Kerr:
> I think a separage image type makes tons of sense. And I would hope
> that the image node type would include all kinds of fields for tasty
> metadata (exif, etc) as well. :)

I think it is important to know the audience and use.
* Images as node == for galleries. 99% for photo's.
* Images in any node == blogs, news, articles, manuals. Not nessecarily
photo's, most just for "spice". Blogs, news, forum posts don't need power of
placement of inline images (aka handled trough the theme) while manuals and
articles will need this.

We should consider to include both in core, with a clear line between them,
and re-use of code.

(again: that is what betterupload does)

Bèr
--