[development] image node type

James Walker walkah at walkah.net
Fri Dec 9 17:18:56 UTC 2005

On 12/9/05 12:17 PM, Jeff Eaton wrote:
>>> 4) Inlining an image or a link to a file should be done
>> using tokens.
>>
>> Doesn't work with WYSIWYG. I understand the need for tokens, but
>> maybe we can overload something in the HTML? Like, <a href="xx"
>> class="image-xx">? Implementation detail, just wanted to
>> bring up the
>> rich text editor angle...the img_assist toggle works.
>
> Yeah, good point.
>
> I stick by the first 3, though. :-)
>
> The only potential problem I can see is that if 'file' is a node type,
> the various permutations of an image (thumbnail, etc) would become
> individual nodes. I don't know if I like that at all, which puts us back
> in the same mess.

Ah. see in my vision a "file" has "derivatives" ... image this is
thumbnail, alternate sizes, etc. audio - alternate encodings, bitrates,
etc. (same for video)... and on.

Thus the node is the collection... and I'd still recommend we keep
{files} for tracking the various file parts. but the node would still be
the collection of them. (if that makes sense).

I.e. the "node" is the main thing with the title that gets uploaded...
anything generated from that is kept and included, but not it's own node.
James Walker :: http://walkah.net/ :: xmpp:walkah at walkah.net